[geeks] Stuff fo' sale

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Aug 16 16:12:44 CDT 2006

On Wed, 16 Aug 2006, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> >On a 40mph road, I feel everyone should be going 40mph at least through
> >intersections.
>
> By definition, the SPEED LIMIT on a 40 MPH road is 40 MPH, if conditions are not perfect, you SHOULD be driving slower.
>
> In other words, it's a limit, not a suggestion - for fear of being percieved as someone I am not, I have gotten my share of speeding tickets in the past...

I should have specified conditions permitting.  Obviously this should go down
for snow, fog, etc.  The situation I was thinking about was one vehicle going
significantly above or below the speed of the rest because it can be difficult
to judge the speed of an oncoming vehicle and turning can be hazardous (too fast)
or delayed (too slow).

-DanD

# Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.