[geeks] Dos and similar games

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Aug 16 07:31:26 CDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 08:13:24AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I said, class upgrades OR fare discounts.  Some may pick the upgrade,
> some may pick the discount.  Some may have started out in first class
> anyway.
>

> > Also, if you watch the check-in/boarding process, you could probably spot the "temporary" Sky Marshal - either because of their class upgrade, a wink or a smile to the flight attendant, etc...
>
> Why should it be easier to spot a CCW holder on a plane than anywhere else?

Two comments:

1. In Israel there are NO CCW permits. If you are issued a gun permit
   you are permitted to carry the weapon, however it MUST be in plain sight
   when you are in public. The only people who are permitted concealed
   carry are undercover policeman ON DUTY, the prime minister's bodyguards, etc.

   Everywhere you go if have a weapon you are required to show your permit.

   Some people delight in hiding their weapons as a joke on the security
   guards at restaurants, but usually do such a bad job they are caught
   immediately. Most guards also use metal detectors. To get into the local
   mall, you have to go through a metal detector like the airports use,
   but they are always turned on high.

   Last weeks foiled plot may be first you've heard about suicide bombers
   being children, mothers with babies, pregnant women etc, but it's been
   hapening here for a long time.

  Soldiers on leave are expected to take their weapons with them, so Friday
  night in a bar, you are libable to see a bunch of 18 year olds, beers in
  hand and m16s on their shoulders. One time I started laughing at the mall
  when a girl who must have been 18, but looked 15 walked by me with an M-1
  carbine about my age or older.

  Believe me, seeing all those people carrying guns and knowing how to
  use them is not a pleaseant sight for a terrorist or criminal. Street
  crime is almost nonexistant.

2. Why can't the TSA or homeland security issue carry permits?
   There are politcal issues to be covered, but I expect that any
   frequent flier who had a CCW permit would gladly take a course in
   airplane firearm saftey, etc and put up an insurance bond.

Geoff,

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838