[geeks] Dos and similar games

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 16 07:28:08 CDT 2006

Lionel Peterson wrote:
> How to tell the "good" CCW holders from the bad (understanding that the vast majority are "good") - also, I suspect there is some form of training currently done to prepare Sky Marshals to know the "Do's and Don'ts" of discharging a weapon in an airplane at altitude...

Florida's extensively documented experience is that Florida CCW holders
are not only more law-abiding overall than the general population, but
in many counties, they're more law-abiding than the police.

> This would, in effect, deputize private citizens and I'm not sure we as a country are really prepared to go back to those days (Wild West, etc.).

an armed citizen to back up a uniformed police officer when needed.
Besides, dont confuse the reality of the Wild West with the Hollywood
version; Hollywood's is many times more violent and lawless than the
reality.  (Rape, to name just one example, was apparently almost unknown.)