[geeks] HP Journada 720 - $75 (Refurbished, after rebate)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Tue Aug 15 15:31:16 CDT 2006

Quoth Micah R Ledbetter ...

> Also, I think that WinCE was the predecessor. I have a Velo1 that
> runs CE 1.0. It blows goats, by the way.

There is a WinCE 2.0 update kit for the Velo 1; with it, the Velo blows
slightly less.

I used to use mine quite a bit, actually, back when dial-in was the
prevalent remote access method.  When finding WiFi or other, faster,
connection methods became easy to find, the Velo 1 became a serial console
for one of the servers here.  It wasn't a terrible bit of kit in its day,
but its day is long past.  Mine now reposes in the "Old PDA" box, along with
various other things ejected from the back of the peleton of progress.

-Shel