[geeks] HP Journada 720 - $75 (Refurbished, after rebate)

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Tue Aug 15 14:37:04 CDT 2006

On Aug 15, 2006, at 13:39, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 15, 2006 at 01:26:48PM -0500, Micah R Ledbetter wrote:
>
>> Well, if you're not changing the OS, then you're stuck with (really
>> crappy) Windows Mobile 2000 or whatever.
>
> Wasn't it's sucessor called Windows Compact Edition, abreviated as
> WINCE?

Microsoft has combined the strengths of its three most powerful
operating systems to create its next generation operating system.

Microsoft Windows CE
Microsoft Windows ME
Microsoft Windows NT

Microsoft Windows CEMENT

http://www.tburke.net/fun_stuff/pictures/computers/windows-cement.htm

Also, I think that WinCE was the predecessor. I have a Velo1 that
runs CE 1.0. It blows goats, by the way.

  - Micah