[geeks] HP Journada 720 - $75 (Refurbished, after rebate)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 15 07:06:58 CDT 2006

>From: Micah R Ledbetter <vlack-lists at vlack.com>
>Date: 2006/08/14 Mon PM 08:06:17 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] HP Journada 720 - $75 (Refurbished, after rebate)

>On Aug 10, 2006, at 09:00, Lionel Peterson wrote:
<snip>

>> Anyone have any exp. with these devices? At $75, this enters the
>> realm of "impulse buy" and with the ability for both PocketPC and
>> NetBSD/Linux support for wired/wireless (WiFi) connectivity this
>> could almost be useful...
>
>I know some guys that have had experience, and they seemed really
>cool. 75$ is also cheaper than anything I've found on ebay.

I am still awaiting mine - I also ordered a WiFi and wired ethernet card for it - and I probably won't load an alternate OS on the device, but w/r/t resale value, if it can run Linux/*BSD it has muh more cache/value in the used computer market.

I'd prefer not to deal with a $100 rebate, though I've had good luck with rebates in the past, I'm not comfortable with that big a rebate...

The $75 (AR) price is for a complete setup, incl. a docking station...
Lionel