[geeks] Dos and similar games

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 3 14:25:11 CDT 2006

>From: William Enestvedt <William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu>
>Date: 2006/08/03 Thu PM 01:00:39 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Dos and similar games

>I wrote, and Geff replied:
>>
>> > I love Snood, and would like Tetris and a nice selection of
>solitaire
>> > (card) games.
>>
>> ok, I'll keep them in mind.
>>
>   You have piqued my interest! Snood only requires sliding side-to-side
>plus a "fire" button; Tetris requires more controls, and I dunno how one
>would write solaire games without a mouse. What kind of control can you
>implement that might handle all of these? (I'm no designer or
>programmer, just curious.)

Arrow keys to move cursor, select key to select card/stack of cards/position, arrow keys to new location, select key again.

I don't want to start a MS Vista thread again, but I just checked, and you can play the included solitaire with just the arrow keys and "enter".

Also, while on the subject of Games on Vista, Mahjongg is included! Vista ROCKS!!! ;^)

Tee Hee,

Lionel

Lionel