[geeks] Greylisting?

Martijn Pronk martijn+geeks at smartie.xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 22 02:53:05 CST 2005

Bill Bradford wrote:

>Anybody here using greylisting to stop/slow spam?  Thoughts on it?
>
>My initial reaction was "that's just WRONG and bad and liable to lose
>mail".. but tons of people seem to be using it.

I'm using it. It stops as far as I can see all of the spam sent to
my domain sillywalks.org. All the spam I now get are sent to
the domain smartie.xs4all.nl (My hostname setup by my ISP, this
uses bSMTP so xs4all's mailservers takes the mail first and greylisting
doesn't help with proper mailservers...)

Martijn