[geeks] Solaris 10 install on x86

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Mar 30 21:07:38 CST 2005

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 @ 18:43 +1000, Scott Howard said:

> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:51:16PM -0500, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > I just tried again and wrote down the screen where it hangs.  It's
> > actually still in the boot process.  The screen is gray background, dark
> > text, and says:
> >
> > 	SunOS Secondary Boot Version 4.02
> >
> > 	    Solaris Booting System
> >
> > 	Running Configuration Assistant...
> >
> > After this screen shows, it hits the DVD twice briefly, and then nothing
> > else happens.  It appears it's not even getting to the next stage of the
> > boot at all.
>
> That's well before it thinks about Windows or Java (it's still running
> in real mode at that stage).
>
> Try turning off anything special in the BIOS and see if that makes any
> difference.

No joy.

I tried disabling everything I can on this machine:

    - SATA BIOS
    - SCSI BIOS
    - various reconfigurations
    - USB
    - ACPI
    - APM

I really don't know what else to try.

Looks like this is a no-go.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["And in billows of might swell the Saxons
before her,-- Unite, oh unite!	Or the billows burst o'er her!" -- Downfall