[geeks] OSX Server

Joost van de Griek jvdg at sparcpark.net
Wed Mar 16 11:12:04 CST 2005

On 2005-03-16 18:05, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> Web browsing on the Macintosh is in as sorry a state as web-browsing on
> Unix, VMS, or Windows.  Camino and Safari tend to spin the CPU doing a
> bunch of nothing.  IE is outdated and sluggish.  Mozilla is bloated as
> sin.  Firefox crashes all the time.
>
> Maybe I sould give OmniWeb another try.

OmniWeb, like Safari (in Panther), is just a front-end to Apple's built-in
(K)HTML rendering engine. A feature here and a feature there, but the basic
web experience won't differ much from Safari.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones.
But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap