[geeks] OSX Server

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Mar 15 14:14:40 CST 2005

Olaf Mersmann wrote:
> A coworker
> used to run his with the lid almost shut and he apparently fryed the
> memory that way, so I guess the system dissapates quite a bit of heat
> through the keyboard (the main heatpipe runs right under it).

That's not a new problem.  The thermal design of the AST Ascentia P
series notebooks assumed that the display would always be on when the
machine was in use; we had several people at a prior employer who
disregarded this and ran theirs with the lid closed, connected to
external monitors, and cooked the LCDs.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net