[geeks] OSX Server

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Mar 14 19:12:55 CST 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 7:12 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Mon, 14 Mar 2005 @ 11:45 -0500, Kurt Huhn said:
>
>> Be *VERY* carfeul with that.  OS X Server does not contain any
>> power-saving utilities, or any throttling capability, so theres a very
>> good chance your Powerbook could roast if you do that.
>
> I'm really leery of a computer than can't run full speed without
> burning
> up.
>
> Is this all Powerbooks, or just certain models?

Well, run at full speed for extended periods of time.  Almost all slim
notebooks I've seen will roach if you try that with them.  Apple, Dell,
or Sony, it doesn't seem to matter.  That's why my heavy lifting is
down by Real Computers, and the mobile light duty is done by computers
that are small and cute.

--
Kurt Huhn         "A rebel I came, and I'll die just the same
kurt at k-huhn.com    On the cold winds of night you will find me"