[geeks] OSX Server

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Mon Mar 14 11:01:06 CST 2005

On Mar 14, 2005, at 11:45, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Be *VERY* carfeul with that.  OS X Server does not contain any
> power-saving utilities, or any throttling capability, so theres a very
> good chance your Powerbook could roast if you do that.

So a little reading told me what to do to avoid this.

I'm installing Normal 10.3 first.  Funny how the first step in
repairing a broken reed switch (in the lcd frame) is Wipe The Drive And
Install The OS Version Originally Shipped On The Machine.

Grrrr.

Anyway, i install the full normal version of 10.3, then on Server Disk
2 there's MacOSXServerInstall.mpkg, which installs all the Server stuff
on top, so I get the power-saving utils, etc first.

Anyway, I'm going to try it out just to see if it works, then I'll
probably go to Tiger in a month or three anyway.

Thanks,

---sambo