[geeks] McLane Corp, Temple Texas

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Mar 10 15:14:18 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> A friend of mine is interested in a job at McLane Corp. In Temple, Texas.
>
> Anyone here have any thoughts about either the company or Temple, Texas?

I don't really have anything negative to say about Temple aside from it
probably being the single dullest place on all of planet earth.  It's a
nice town, it's not too far from Austin, and it has great medical
facilities[0].  It's just that NOTHING ever happens there and the whole
town goes to bed at sundown.

As far as McLane goes, they're owned by Wal*Mart, which speaks volumes
for me.

[0] Scott & White Hospital is a very large regional hospital and is
     responsible for a large portion of the town's economy.
--
Jonathan Patschke   )   "Trying is the first step towards failure."
Elgin, TX          (                                  --Ben