[geeks] Mice and wires

Michael Horton Michael.Horton at acntv.com
Thu Mar 10 07:57:20 CST 2005

unbeknowst to me, the neighbor's outdoor cat would climb up into my
full-sized chevy's engine compartment on cold nights.

one morning, and the neighbor was out, i strated the truck and there was
a "new" noise--kind of screeching.

the neighbor was laughing.  i asked him why and he told me that his cat
came running out from under my truck--faster than he had ever seen the
cat run.

fur came out from under the truck also; the neighbor told me later that
the cat was not harmed.

i started thumping the fender before i got into the truck after that.

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> Wed, 09 Mar 2005 @ 12:46 -0600, Eric Gustafson said:
>

>>Driving home one night in my late grandmother's '86 Cutlass Ciera Wagon,
>>I started losing power. When I smelled burning, I happened to be near
>>the auto dealership where I worked at the time, so I pulled into the
>>service department, opened the hood, and found that squirrels had packed
>>my air cleaner full of acorns, and the frictional heat of the air coming
>>through that restricted space had melted the air filter.
>

> I drove to school one days many years ago, and kept hearing a strange
> noise in the back of my truck as I was going down the highway.
>
> After 30 minutes, I pulled onto a secondary road and stopped for a
> light.
>
> The instant I came to a stop, a squirrel came rocketing out of the back
> of my truck and disappeared into the woods nearby.
>
> I have no idea when he got back there, but I assume when I first started
> out he was too petrified to jump out.  The highway trip must have
> frazzled him so much that as soon as I stopped, he overcame whatever
> fear he had of jumping out.

This message originates from Jewelry Television (TM) . The message and any
file transmitted with it is intended to be privileged and confidential. It is
intended only for the addressee named above. Any disclosure, distribution,
copying or use of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient,
regardless of address or routing, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete
the original message. Personal messages express views solely of the sender and
are not attributable to Jewelry Television (TM).