[geeks] Mice and wires

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Mar 9 21:10:05 CST 2005

Wed, 09 Mar 2005 @ 12:46 -0600, Eric Gustafson said:

> Driving home one night in my late grandmother's '86 Cutlass Ciera Wagon,
> I started losing power. When I smelled burning, I happened to be near
> the auto dealership where I worked at the time, so I pulled into the
> service department, opened the hood, and found that squirrels had packed
> my air cleaner full of acorns, and the frictional heat of the air coming
> through that restricted space had melted the air filter.

I drove to school one days many years ago, and kept hearing a strange
noise in the back of my truck as I was going down the highway.

After 30 minutes, I pulled onto a secondary road and stopped for a
light.

The instant I came to a stop, a squirrel came rocketing out of the back
of my truck and disappeared into the woods nearby.

I have no idea when he got back there, but I assume when I first started
out he was too petrified to jump out.  The highway trip must have
frazzled him so much that as soon as I stopped, he overcame whatever
fear he had of jumping out.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [4649 5920 4320 204e 4452 5420 5348 5920 4820
2056 2054 434d 2048 4d54 2045 204e 5259 4820 444e 0a53]