U10 CDROM nvalias (was Re: [geeks] Stop-A?)

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Mar 4 13:47:51 CST 2005

Ido Dubrawsky wrote:
> geeks-request at sunhelp.org wrote:
>
> | Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 10:33:43 -0800 From: Phil Stracchino
> | <phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net> Subject: [geeks] Stop-A? To: The
> | Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>,  The Rescue List
> | <rescue at sunhelp.org> Message-ID: <4228AA07.3000407 at speakeasy.net>
> |
> | Hey folks, I'm trying to reinstall a U10 that never gives a console
> | login prompt and doesn't seem to respond to Stop-A from an attached
> | keyboard.  Can anyone job my memory on how I can send it a Stop-A
> | via serial console? I'm on the machine via telnet to a Cisco serial
> | console server from a Cygwin xterm on a [sheepish] Windows box
> | [/sheepish].
>
> I believe you need to do the following:
>
> CTRL-] (to dump out of the telnet session to get into the telnet
> control mode)
> issue the command "send brk"
> hit return to return to the telnet session and the Sun box should be
> at the 'ok' prompt.

That worked, yes.  Thanks, Ido.

Now if I could just get this thing to boot from its CDROM ....

--------------
Rebooting with command: boot cdrom - nowin
Boot device: /pci at 1f,0/pci at 1,1/ide at 3/cdrom at 2,0:f  File and args: - nowin
Can't read disk label.
Can't open disk label package
Evaluating: boot cdrom - nowin

Can't open boot device

Boot device: disk  File and args:

Anyone know if that nvalias looks correct for a U10?  That's after
resetting to factory defaults.

--
 Phil Stracchino
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net