[geeks] Home router/firewall

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at mail.zill.net
Tue Mar 1 17:27:57 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 06:15:26PM -0500, velociraptor wrote:
[ a bunch snipped]
> I have a WRT54GS with stock firmware currently in use with my Nov '04
> decanted PB 15" w/Airport and have had zero troubles.  I have also had
> no trouble with DHCP (Windows or Mac).  Sounds like a faulty box to
> me.

I have a WRT54G as well, and what I have found is that the Wifi side
works fine for everything; however, my Lombard Powerbook will NOT work
with the ethernet ports on the Linksys.

Probably the old auto-negotiation problem.  On 10.2.8, ifconfig does
not allow me to set the media options to force it to 10mbps.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Web hosting        |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $49.95/month      |
| Colocation w/50GB transfer     $79.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $225/month        |