[geeks] Dynamic DNS linux update client

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Tue Mar 1 14:22:08 CST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Nope, my Linksys appliance (WRT54GS *unmodified*) handles those duties for me,
> it's a bit limiting (not all settings are maintained, IIRC), but it gets the job
> done for me...

Are you using Custom DNS or their standard Dynamic DNS?  With my Netgear RT311 there
was a hack to make the dyndns client support Custom DNS, but I haven't figured
out how to do that in the WRT54G so I'm using ipcheck.py and/or ddclient with web
IP detection because I can't get either one to query the WRT54G for the WAN IP.

Also, if someone could send me the release version of the Sveasoft firmware, I'd
appreciate it.

-DanD

# Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you
# just sit there.  -Will Rogers