[geeks] LCD display options

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:03:17 CST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:36:57 -0500, Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:
> I'm lookingto get a couple LCD monitors fairly soon here to replace a
> couple failing CRTs.  I need 17" at a minimum.  Any suggestions?
> Budget is limited to under $300 each.

On dealnews.com yesterday:

Polyview PT-725A 17" LCD monitor for $195 shipped  10:48 am
ChiefValue.com offers the Polyview PT-725A 17-inch LCD monitor for
$194.99 with free shipping. That's $3 off our last mention and one of
the cheapest 17-inch flat-panel displays we've seen without rebate
hassles. Features include a native 1280x1024 resolution, 16ms response
time, 400:1 contrast ratio, integrated speakers, and VGA input.
http://chiefvalue.com/app/productdetails.asp?linkid=7005&item=24-024-501

4 5-star ratings on the LCD at the ChiefValue site.

=Nadine=