[geeks] Appropos of nothing...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Jun 27 17:08:52 CDT 2005

Mon, 27 Jun 2005 @ 16:56 -0400, Nadine said:

> I really like *nix.
>
> Even though it would take me at least a day to figure out the code to
> do this myself--regex is not my forte-- in about 1 hour I managed to:

[snip]

You just pointed out things which are pure hell in the Windows world.

Even simple things like identifying a file are annoying under Windows.

There are virtually no "discovery" tools at all.

In fact, there really aren't many tools on a base Windows install,
period.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.