[geeks] Can I netboot a SPARCclassic from Win95 box?

Scott Howard scott at doc.net.au
Fri Jun 24 10:05:40 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:01:25AM +0200, Arno Kletzander wrote:
> Has anybody here already done something like this and would like to
> share the experience? We can of course take it off-list as it's not strictly

Basically, it's not going to work.  If you can get the rarp/bootparams/rftp
side of things working (and all of those are certainly possibly) there are
no NFS servers out there which are able to serve out a Solaris root
directory, including things like device files, case sensitivity, etc.

So you can make it a few step further along than you are, but that's as
far as you're going to get...

  Scott