[geeks] New lamps for ... er, large UPS for smaller

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Jun 20 08:57:59 CDT 2005

James Fogg wrote:
> No SU2200RM, but other goodies for trade.

What sort of other goodies?  My main priorities right now are adequate
UPS protection and a bigger, faster tape backup device than my 33GB
(native) VXA1.

> I see you have a Nashua, NH phone number. Are you really in Nashua or is
> that a VoIP number?

We're actually in Hudson, but our phone comes off a Nashua exchange.

> When are you coming North to visit? It's only an
> hour drive from Nashua.

Where are you actually, then?  If you're an hour north, you may not be
too far from DJ's place in Deerfield.

> BTW - if you own the house I can install a circuit for your existing
> UPS.

Unfortunately, we don't ... it's a condo that we're renting from the
owner, and we don't have permission to make modifications other than
what she's having us do as maintenance and repairs (the labor counting
towards towards our rent).

I suppose one possible approach would be to wire a separate 30A circuit
in the basement and run a long extension cord to the UPS.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 408-592-8081         Landline: 603-886-3518