[geeks] Google invests in BPL

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jul 13 04:37:02 CDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 10:00:32AM +0200, roosmcd at dds.nl wrote:
>  The homeplug version works quite well btw. Real plug-and-play stuff; only the
> pricing around here is a bit high (79 Euro per adapter; you can get wireless for
> 14 Euro per card).

Isn't the homeplug stuff limited to 14Mbps?  If it would do 10/100, that
would be a great way to get Ethernet in other parts of the house..

Right now I'm just picking up Linksys WRT54Gs at ~$60 each, putting the
Sveasoft firmware on them, and setting up a WDS / mesh network.  In
addition to serving as a wireless/wired bridge, I've got *excellent*
wireless coverage within 100 feet of my house in any direction. 8-)

Bill

--
bill bradford
houston, texas