[geeks] LCD display options

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Wed Feb 23 12:05:25 CST 2005

geeks at litfire.com wrote:
> Josh boyd said:
>
>>Which, BTW, is potentially very handy for an O2, where you can do
>>1600x1200, but only by accepting a refresh rate like 56hz.  Murder to
>>look at on a CRT, but should be no problem on an LCD (note, I haven't
>>actually tested that since I don't have an LCD that can do 1600x1200).
>

> Speaking of which, are there any sub-20" desktop LCDs that do 1600x1200?
>
> All the 19" ones I can find only do 1280x1024.

On the basis of some searching on our corporate vendor's site, I don't
think you're going to find an LCD monitor smaller than 20" that does
1600x1200.

The good news is, 20" 1600x1200 LCD monitors can now be had for as
[relatively] little as $550-$600.  The last time I bought a 20" monitor,
I paid twice that for a CRT.  Gateway currently has a $250 instant
rebate on their normally-about-$850 20" LCD, or you could take a look at
the Planar PL2010M.  I seem to recall the Official 20" LCD Monitor Of
Bitmines is a Dell model, but I don't remember which one.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
  phil.stracchino at ceva-dsp.com