[geeks] LCD display options

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Feb 23 11:45:49 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 09:45:20AM -0800, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> The downside is, unlike a CRT where addressable resolution is variable,
> an LCD has a fixed physical resolution, which means that LCD displays
> tend to look bad unless being driven exactly *at* their native physical
> resolution -- a 1280x1024 LCD being driven at 1024x768, for example,
> will look much less sharp than a 1024x768 LCD the same size also driven
> at 1024x768.

I am aware of that.  However, for the most part it doesn't bother me.
Why would I want to drive the screen at less than optimal?

The only major time when I would want to do that would be if I were to
hook a video source to the display.  And that is why I haven't been
leaping to replace my 17" CRT that I use for displaying DVDs and video
game consoles.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net