[geeks] Composite -> VGA adapters

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Wed Feb 23 06:29:45 CST 2005

> From: James Fogg <james at jdfogg.com>
> Date: 2005/02/23 Wed AM 04:57:58 GMT
> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Composite -> VGA adapters
>
> On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 04:09 +0000, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm looking for pointers to connect a composite
> > video signal to a VGA monitor - the actual
> > application is to connect my soon to be delivered
> > Apple I Replica (http://www.syngress.com/catalog/?pid=3180)
> > to a VGA monitor connector.
> >
> > Ideally, I want to put the Apple I Replica on a KVM with
> > it's PS/2 keyboard and (now) VGA monitor connector -
> > no mouse support :^(
>
> Since you are replicating a classic micro, do what they did then - use a
> TV. Of course that doesn't help you with your KVM issue :-)

Well, I thought of that, but the TVs are kinda big that I have lying around, esp. for a 40 colun display of text only.

After reading a bit more in my Apple I Replica book, it turns out that I can have a serial console by adding the Serial Port - so I can just add it to my PortMaster and access it that way ;^)

Thanks for the pointers/advice, though...

Lionel