[geeks] Adobe's Software Activation

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at plexus.com
Tue Feb 22 21:38:59 CST 2005

On Feb 22, 2005, at 5:48 PM, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
>> At what point are PC users going to stand up and say "MY COMPUTER!
>> Not
>> yours!  Mine!" and tell these corporations where to stick that crap?
>
> That would require that users grow a backbone and some brains...
> neither
> of which is going to happen anytime soon.

It's not lack of backbone, nor a lack of brains.  Most wintel users are
just that .. users.  You're talking about issues that, really, they
neither know nor care much about, unless it's in the abstract.  Their
computer is, for them, an appliance that does email, chat and some word
processing.

We know that a PC is NOT an appliance, but that's not how they are sold
to the end users.

Brian Dunbar
System Administrator II
Desk: (920) 751-3364