[geeks] Adobe's Software Activation

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Tue Feb 22 19:25:16 CST 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, Phil Brutsche wrote:

> Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > At what point are PC users going to stand up and say "MY COMPUTER!  Not
> > yours!  Mine!" and tell these corporations where to stick that crap?
>
> That would require that users grow a backbone and some brains... neither
> of which is going to happen anytime soon.

Well, I do not really think that is the customers fault really.... I blame
on the lack of choices. When a single vendor owns like 80% of the desktop
OS, they can pretty much shove whatever crap they want into people's
throat. Sometimes that so called "invisible hand" at work turns out to be
a massive "invisible middle finger" really.