[geeks] Adobe's Software Activation

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Feb 22 10:22:26 CST 2005

This was actually for $265 Adobe Acrobat Standard 7.0, not even
$800.

PC users would have to know what they are doing to realize that
they are being f**ked with so much and that's not going to happen
any time soon.

/KRM

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:06:38 -0600 (CST)
"Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Phil Brutsche wrote:
>
> > No, it's not BS.
> >
> > Yes, they are writing stuff to the MBR.
> >
> > No, they aren't the first (someone else mentioned Intuit).
>
> At what point are PC users going to stand up and say "MY
> COMPUTER!  Not yours!  Mine!" and tell these corporations where
> to stick that crap?
>
> If ANY application software on ANY other platform decided it
> needed to write to the disklabel or VTOC or other system areas
> of the computer's startup drive, just in order to make sure you
> don't copy the software, no one would stand up for it.  It just
> doesn't happen.  Even with nearly-a-million-dollar-a-year
> software like SAS and Oracle, You Just Don't Do That.
>
> And some PC crapware vendor peddling $800 picture-drawing
> software thinks he should?
>
> Incredible.
>
> --
> Jonathan Patschke   )   "Let me hear you make decisions
> Elgin, TX          (     without your television."
> USA                 )        --Depeche Mode, "Stripped"

"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/