[geeks] Carly's Gone!!!

Mike Meredith mike at redhairy1.demon.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 08:24:03 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:41:26 -0600 (CST), Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Mike Meredith wrote:
> > appeared yesterday. The long running one (a remote mksysb via NIM
> > that fails with'file too large') I think I have a possible answer
> > to.
>
> jfs, by default does not support files larger than 2GB.  You either

Nothing that tricky. Just limits ... I thought I'd changed them, but it
turned out that I'd only changed them on the client. Oddly enough it
wasn't the file size limit which was the problem.

> With the latest microcode and the latest VIO server and the latest HMC
> (075, 1.1.1.41, and 4.3.3, respectively), it works as-advertised.

It's always irritating that the first thing you have to do with some new
kit is download software updates for it.