[geeks] Carly's Gone!!!

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Feb 10 19:59:33 CST 2005

Wed, 09 Feb 2005 @ 08:05 -0500, Kevin said:

> Carly Fiorina is out the door.  Hope fully they will replace her
> with someone less brain dead.

Don't necessarily count on it.

I'd love to be wrong, and think that the board actually cares, but
their statement says that she was booted for being too slow to cut up
the company and boost profits.  They had no criticism at all for her
technical errors, at least not in the stories I've seen so far.

In other words, it sounded like they were after short-term gains at the
expensive of HP, and she wasn't butchering the company fast enough.

Finally, I don't get much satisfaction with her being booted because
she's bailing out with a $21 million golden parachute.

I wish someone would give me that much money for screwing up.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Tara is grass, and behold how Troy lieth
low--And even the English, perchance their hour will come!"]