[geeks] Carly's Gone!!!

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Feb 9 17:13:37 CST 2005

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Mike Meredith wrote:

>> Maybe they'll start pushing OpenVMS and bring back Tru64, since they
>
> With any luck they'll even spin that stuff off into a separate company
> and we can have DEC back :)

Or maybe they'll sell it to IBM.  IBM certainly knows how to keep
customers of Stuff That Works (AIX, OS/390, zOS, OS/400, etc.) happy.
HP killing the 3000 line made as much sense as it would make for IBM to
kill OS/400--on the surface, a lot.  But happy customers keep IBM fed,
and if customers want to pay to run OS/400, let them.

Then maybe IBM would port OpenVMS to the p5 systems.  -THAT- would be
the best of both worlds.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )   "Let me hear you make decisions
Elgin, TX          (     without your television."