[geeks] Plopcasting

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Dec 27 23:46:27 CST 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, Dwight Wallbridge wrote:

> Yes, I know, it's heresy to advise Windows usage, but I am just saying.

Not so much heresy to involve Windows, as Windows is already in the mix
and causing much consternation as it is wont to do.

> I would assume someone with access to the files would have a Windows
> machine, and could add the image to all files now, and add them as
> they are made in future, but that is just my guessing.

Except that the entire point of this operation is to have it 100%
automated.  There's not much point to an automated system that needs
constant babysitting and finger-poking.  There's also no real reason
that something like this should be anything but.  Radio stations run
like clockwork; schedules are set months in advance; file-rotation isn't
black magic; RSS isn't voodoo.

It's always the stupid software getting in the way and being useless.

> Not sure what else to use.

Well, I'm reading the ID3v2 technical documentations, and it appears
that you can actually stick images in ID3 tags now, which is more than a
little silly.  So that's probably what needs doing.  Hopefully id3lib
will let me do that.

It just really, Really, REALLY bothers me that Apple would go through
the trouble of extending the RSS schema and then not have their tools
utilize those extensions!  That goes double for Apple -documenting- how
things should be done and then not respecting them!

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Buy the best there is, because it's sorry enough."
Elgin, TX         (                                      --Henry Zuehlke