[geeks] personal laser printer

Ross Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Fri Dec 16 21:42:25 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 11:21:59AM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
    [snip]
> I hate Brother printers.  They're far too flimsy, and their drums don't
> last long enough.
    [snip]

Nothing is going to last as long (or be rebuilt as many times) as my
original, second-hand LaserJet2, or even as long as the LJ4 I pulled
from a dumpster six years ago (passed on to another owner), but this
model compares well against the sort of product HP has been turning out
for the past several years at the same pricing. I decided that the
curves for price and longevity had met near my personal point for
convenience and I stopped messing with printers. YMMV. :)

- Ross