[geeks] Screw question

Atomist rescue at port11.net
Sun Dec 11 19:06:26 CST 2005

On Dec 11, 2005, at 5:29 PM, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

> The reason I'm going DLP instead of Plasma is that I plan on hooking
> computer systems and games up and I don't want burn-in.

Tell me about it. I have an early model Akai that's going to the dump
pretty soon. It has so bad burnins that it's not useful anymore.
I mean if I can get a replacement plasma screen alright but as it is
the safest would be to just recycle it with the manufacturer.

The new plasmas supposed to have burn in protection. I think they do
some sort of pixel shifting to not keep the same pixel illuminated
for a too long time? Don't know exactly.

Plasma's are getting old. LCD TV's are big time in the coming. And
once they finally start selling OLED TV's... man that's gonna be so
sweet.

-- atm