[geeks] Screw question

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Dec 11 13:02:52 CST 2005

On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 01:32:28PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> They do, but it may take a little time finding wheere they have them
> hidden.  Some HD stores, they're easy to find; some, they're .... not.

I'll just go down the street to the good hardware store [0], I know
they'll have them.  Thanks.

> In other news, (1) the 5200FX arrived last week and is working great,
> thanks; my wife thanks you.  :)

Great!

> And, how do you like the plasma TV?
> All the ones I've seen have stunningly bright picture and saturated
> color, but I'm told they draw a lot of power.

So far so good; I haven't gone through my usual calibration/tweak
routine with the Avia [1] and DVE [2] DVDs, but after just "eyeballing it"
and adjusting last night, and going off a SD signal from the DirecTiVo,
it looks *great*.  Of course, contrast/brightness are cranked pretty
high out of the box, so I had to back those down a bit.  Not bad at
all for $1499 (it's our christmas present to ourselves; we missed the 51"
rear projection TV we had in Austin before we moved).

Bill

[0] http://www.berings.com
[1] http://www.ovationmultimedia.com/avia.html
[2] http://www.digitalvideoessentials.com/