[geeks] Screw question

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Sun Dec 11 12:32:28 CST 2005

Dave Fischer wrote:
> mrbill at mrbill.net writes:
>>My new plasma TV came with a stand, and the manual says to secure it
>>to the stand with four "M5-16" screws.  No such screws came with the
>>TV or the stand.
>

>>I assume this is an "M5" screw, 16mm?  Would I be able to easily find
>>such a beast at a knowledgeable hardware store or Lowes/Home Depot?
>

> Yeah. M5-16 = "Metric, 5mm diameter, 16mm long".
>
> I don't know if Home Depot has metric screws.

They do, but it may take a little time finding wheere they have them
hidden.  Some HD stores, they're easy to find; some, they're .... not.

In other news, (1) the 5200FX arrived last week and is working great,
thanks; my wife thanks you.  :)  And, how do you like the plasma TV?
All the ones I've seen have stunningly bright picture and saturated
color, but I'm told they draw a lot of power.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518