[geeks] broken software

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Dec 2 13:22:59 CST 2005

Jochen Kunz wrote:
> An other possibilty: GNOME is simply unable to proper sort out the lib
> dependencies and links all binaries against all libs.

After all, everyone already has everything installed .......   right?

I hear all kinds of things from friends about how "no, really, Gnome is
getting better, they're fixing a lot of those problems."  I only see it
getting worse.  The Gnome developers are lost in contemplation of their
own ineffability and can't get their heads out of their own Y-Fronts for
long enough to see that one size does not fit all.  Vertical dependency
loops in the Gnome source code was the first sign they were smoking
crack; when minor Gnome desktop components have link dependencies upon
independent non-system software that ISN'T EVEN PART OF GNOME, you know
they've lost all remaining touch with reality.

 Phil Stracchino       phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
 Mobile: 603-216-7037         Landline: 603-886-3518