[geeks] Stuff for Sale

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Dec 2 02:48:49 CST 2005

Okay, it's time to upgrade my Mac and divest of old kit.  These things
need to go.

These things I have a fairly good idea of what sort of money I'd like to
get for them, but feel free to haggle off-list or point out if I'm just
insane.  Prices do not include shipping.

   Monitors:
     IBM P201 monitor ($25)
       13W3 port on the back; I've used it with PCs, SGIs, and RS/6000s.
       The color temperature is a little unstable, but it's still very
       sharp.
     SGI GDM4011 monitor (Qty 2, $75 each)
       These tubes are in excellent shape.  There's absolutely nothing
       wrong with them other than that I'd like to move towards LCDs
       because two 20-inch Trinitrons on one desk makes for a hot
       workroom.  They have dual-inputs and will sync with PCs, Macs, and
       SGIs (obviously) without trouble.  With a Sun-labeled 13w3<->HD15
       adapter (of which I have plenty), I can get it to sync with a Sun
       on the HD15 port at as high a resolution as a C3D will go.  It
       will not sync above 1280x1024 to a Sun on the 13w3 port with a
       straght-through cable.
   PCs:
     Dell Precision 220 ($75)
       Single Pentium 3 833MHz processor, 128MB memory, 10GB disk;
       FreeBSD preinstalled.
   Sun Workstations:
     Ultra 60 Model 2360 ($400)
       Dual 360MHz processors, 2048MB memory, dual Creator 3D video
       cards, 18GB hard drive.
     Tatung AXi-based workstation ($100)
       360MHz(?) processor, 512MB memory, Creator 3D video, two 9GB hard
       drives.
     Ultra 10 ($100)
       360MHz(?) processor, 512MB memory, CD drive, smallish IDE hard
       drive.
   Sun Servers:
     Ultra Enterprise 3000 ($200)
       Two 250MHz processors, 512MB memory, SBUS+ I/O card (3xSBUS,
       SOCAL+), 18GB disk, full complement of power supplies.
   Sun Parts:
     SBUS SOCAL+ fibre-channel cards (Qty 4, $125 each).
     Ex000 SBUS I/O card--3 sbus, SOCAL (Qty 2, $50 each).
     Exx00 SBUS+ I/O card--3 sbus, SOCAL+ ($125)
   SGI Parts:
     2048MB MC3 ($400)
   Other:
     PortMaster 2e/30 w/ 4MB memory ($65)

Feel free to make an offer on any of these.  They're in the way and
there doesn't seem to be any market for them:

   SGI parts:
     IP25 Quad R10000 processor card (Qty 3)
     512MB MC3 (Qty 3)
     IO4 w/ 2 SCSI mezz cards (Qty 2)
     IO4 w/ 1 SCSI mezz cards (Qty 1)
     VME FDDI card (Qty 1)
     RE2 boardset w/ 1 RM4 (Qty 1)
     DIFF Disks (9GB) and sleds for SCSIbox-II or Onyx/Challenge (Qty 2)
     DIFF Disks (4GB) and sleds for SCSIbox-II or Onyx/Challenge (Qty 2)
     CD-ROM for SCSIbox-II or Onyx/Challenge (Qty 1)
     505X2 power board (Qty 2)
     System controller (Qty 1)
     Frontpanel assembly for Onyx/Challenge XL (Qty 1)
   Alpha bits:
     Aspen Alpine system:
       (sort of like a PC164 in a 4U rackmount box) will take either ARC
       or SRM firmware in the form of an EPROM chip.  I will include
       both.  It has a 21064 processor, a smallish amount of memory,
       smallish disks, a graphics card, and a CD drive.
     AlphaServer 2100 parts:
       System board (Qty 2)
       I/O riser (Qty 2)
     AlphaServer 2100A (Qty 2)
       If you're interested in picking one or two of these up, email me
       and I'll open them up for their configurations.  I think they both
       have two 250MHz EV5s and at least 256MB memory plus two 100baseTX
       Ethernet ports and FDDI, but don't hold me to that.  I won't part
       with them for free because they're currently holding up my
       workbench, but it won't take much to bribe me.
     HSJ40 w/ one controller (Qty 1)
   Sun Parts:
     UltraSPARC-II processors, 250MHz for Exx00 systems (Qty 2)
     UltraSPARC-I processors, 167MHz for Ex000 systems (Qty 2)
   RS/6000 parts:
     166MHz processor for an F30 (Qty 1)
     233MHz processor for an F30 (Qty 1)
     mint (GXT550P?) framebuffer (Qty 1)
   Crap:
     More old MSDN stuff than you'd ever want to see in one place, easily
       a bookshelf or two full.  Free.  Take it.  Please.

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Buy the best there is, because it's sorry enough."
Elgin, TX         (                                      --Henry Zuehlke