[geeks] [rescue] Video card request

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Dec 1 10:14:32 CST 2005

Wed, 30 Nov 2005 @ 14:52 -0500, Nadine said:

> Some areas in the last Castle Wolfenstein were destructible, and
> the PS2 game Red Faction (and sequels, but not sure about the PC
> version) had some destructible areas.  Also, iirc Battlefield 1942
> (or was it Call to Duty?) had some destructible elements.
>
> I also think Deus Ex, Theif, Delta Force, and Splinter Cell had some
> destructible elements.

The user-written modification called Infiltration, using only the
scripting language, added wall penetration, which was a big improvement.

The ability to fire on a thin wall and kill who was hiding behind it was
pretty cool.

It forced you to think not only about cover, but about the quality of
the cover.

> > How is Civ4?  I didn't like Civ3, and am hoping Civ4 will restore the
> > franchise's former glory.
>
> Keep dreaming.  Sid Meyer doesn't work for them anymore.

I have heard that the eye candy requires a lot of resources.

It is hard to find games that focus on game play these days, and
non-visible things.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["I wish life was not so short. Languages
take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about." - J.