[geeks] Work gloves for keyboard people?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Wed Aug 31 08:03:39 CDT 2005

My question is probably off-topic for even this list, but here goes: can
anyone suggest good work gloves for outdoors (and light carpentry-type
work) that offer extra padding through the palms?
   I'm in the middle of replacing my yard, but I still put in 40-hour
weeks at a keyboard. The roto-tiller shook my wrists apart, and the
shoveling is flaying my hands _and_ keeping my forearms from feeling
better. I wear chamois gloves now, but they're just one layer of
leather. Home Depot has some dorky black ones with verrrry thin gel pads
on the palms, but they seem pretty feeble.
   I want the skin on my hands to have protection (did you know that Dr.
Scholl's make a "Value pack" of adhesive moleskin?) but I also want my
wrists to take less of a beating when the lawn comes in and I have to
mow again.
   Can anyone suggest a brand or style of gloves that are tough and
padded?
   Thanks.
-wde
--