[geeks] my head just went explodey

velociraptor velociraptor at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:01:39 CDT 2005

On Apr 3, 2005 1:51 PM, sammy ominsky <s at avoidant.org> wrote:
> On Apr 2, 2005, at 20:08, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>
> >> *something* on a UNIX server so you don't have to worry about it
> >> when the friggin' Exchange servers go belly up.
> >
> > Yeah, my ex-in-about-48-hours employer keeps almost all the IS&T
> > documentation in Exchange public folders too.
>
> Wow.  My new (been there about 5 weeks) company uses NO MS products by
> default.  Employees are free to choose their own desktop OS, and about
> 4 (out of 30 or so) use Windows and Outlook.  The rest are all on Linux
> or OS X.  I have an Indigo 2, but mostly use my Powerbook.
>
> ---sambo
> happy about it.

You must be sure and tell us when they have more job openings. :-)

As an aside, that job you interviewed for at the my old place?  They
hired a Jr. and didn't allow any of the technical staff to interview him.
They also hired a Sr. to replace the project manager _and_ me, and
the tech staff didn't get to interview him either.

Glad to be shut of that place, WAS or not.

=Nadine=