[geeks] my head just went explodey

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 1 16:32:31 CST 2005

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 @ 11:17 -0600, Brian Dunbar said:

> I have just been told by a PM that he wished I used a real email
> client.  What, I said?  Yah, when you reply to email it's all weird
> with little '>' characters and it's hard to read.  You should use
> Outlook he continued.

That's like having a 1.5 hand Scottish fighting sword, and some guy
who brought a Leatherman to the fight is telling me I need to upgrade
because his has more features.

I really hate this trend.  The industry has successfully deeducated
everyone.

On the one hand, they think of email as regular mail, and since they use
a word processor for regular mail, they don't see any reason not to use
that for email.

You can understand that from an ignorant user.

The industry has done nothing to disuade them, and is going further by
making audio and video part of email.  I just can't wait...

> It's official.  THEY have convinced EVERYONE that doing things the hard
> way is the easy way.  War is peace and black is the new white.  (head
> explodey).

The worst thing about this and similar situations is that eventually it
forces everyone to do things the broken way, or face isolation.

I already have a hard time getting and maintaining a job unless I do
blindly stupid things like use Word.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["An Irishman is never drunk as long as he
can hold onto one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth."]