[geeks] retro magazine fun

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Thu Nov 18 12:00:13 CST 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Mike Parson wrote:
> When it gets that way, I try and dig up old BASIC prorgrams I did on my
> C-64 back in the 80s and see if I can make them work in SmallBasic on
> my Treo, or yabasic under Windows or Linux.  It's the small things that
> help trigger the memories.

In a similar vein, you can still find nethack-like games and/or
a Z interpreter (Zork, etc) ported to almost anything.  Nethack is
one of the first things I look for when playing with a new device.

-DanD

# Westheimer's Discovery:  A couple of months in the laboratory can
# frequently save a couple of hours in the library.