[geeks] Re: [rescue] It's official, the U.S. is screwed for 4 more years

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Nov 11 10:10:56 CST 2004

Tue, 09 Nov 2004 @ 15:48 -0800, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez said:

> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 16:58:10 -0500
>  Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
>
> >It would more interesting if people would maintain the
> >context of the
> >original posting: leaving because an election didn't go
> >your way.
> >
> >The immigrants who came to America had different
> >reasons, and that's not
> >the same thing.
>
> Not really, a lot of German inmigrants for example, during
> the mid 30's did leave their country for that reason, i.e.
> elections not going their way.

Funny, I thought they were fleeing in fear... :)

Anyway, that's still not the same as the overreaction of the original
poster to a candidate's loss in this last US election.

I think any Germans coming here in the 30s had a decidedly more solid
reason for voting with their feet.

> People leaving their home countries due to political differences is
> not a new phenomena, that is all I was trying to point out.

Understood.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [There is a limit to how stupid people really
are -- just as there's a limit to the amount of hydrogen in the Universe.