[geeks] FS: Toshiba x86 laptop

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 30 10:10:19 CST 2004

Hello all,

(FYI: I'm posting this on Geeks first, if no one interested here, I try Rescue, and then ebay)

I have a spare Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop I'd like to sell, specs as follows:

 - Great physical condition - single owner since new (me :^)
 - P2 233-266 MHz (not sure, not in front of me)
 - 12.1" 800x600 screen (beautiful, no dead pixels)
 - TrackPoint pointer
 - 2x 128 Meg DIMMs (Max. laptop can take)
 - 4 Gig HD
 - CD-ROM (Internal)
 - DEAD Battery
 - Power adapter
 - 3rd party port replicator with built-in 10/100 Ethernet
   (driver diskette included for Win OSes)

This laptop runs Solaris x86 just fine (see my earlier posts), I just don't need it - I have a slightly faster Tecra 8000 laptop with a 14.1" 1024x768 screen that I plan to use.

If desired, I can setup Solaris x86 with XWindows configured.

Dunno what proper price is, so lets call it $125 plus actual S/H. Individually, the parts are probably worth a bit more but as a turnkey Solaris x86 solution I think this is the right price...

Offers for trades considered, but I am in a purge mode, so it will have to be something I can use:

 iPod ;^)
 300 MHz U2 CPU (s)
 Greater than 4 Gig 1" SCA drives
 RAM for Dell PowerEdge 400SC server
 Big SATA drive (160 Meg) for Dell server (above)

Thanks!