[geeks] 4th Amendment Gone

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Mar 29 13:33:37 CST 2004

Some of you know me well enough to know that I don't usually involve
others in my politics. It pains me to see the losses we are suffering
every day in what we assume to be our God-given rights. I strongly
encourage you to contact your congressman and let them know that this sort
of thing is not to be tolerated.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/032604/new_searches001.shtml

In a ruling two judges dubbed "the road to hell," a federal appeals court
opened the door for police officers in three states to search homes and
buildings for evidence without a warrant.

The 5th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals ruled Thursday in a Baton Rouge case
that authorities don't need an arrest or search warrant to conduct a swift
sweep of private property to ensure their own safety.

[etc., see article]

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"