[geeks] Found it - WiFi Public Hot Spot...

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Mar 25 10:08:54 CST 2004

Bertrand HUTIN wrote:

> It is a portable site, including a computer (Mac Powerbook) and a Wifi
> hot spot, all packaged in a rucksack.
> http://www.techkwondo.com/projects/bedouin/index.html

There have not been any bedouins here in about 20 years, but when the valley
behind my apartment was an apple orchard, the cartakers were Druse.

The reason I bring it up is that I plan to set up a public ip hotspot
on my balcony which would reach out into the valley. I'm not sure it's
current occupants, a herd of gazlles, would care.

I'm not planing on opening an internet cafe, just a place where vistors
could come and check their email, tell me stories of the old country
(the U.S.), etc.

Geoff.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
I've watched "The Passion". It's the worst version of MacBeth I've ever seen.