[geeks] FS: Ultra 30

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 16 16:16:42 CST 2004

Hello all,

I have an Ultra 30 I'd like to sell, and I thought I'd offer it here first, in advance of going to eBay with it.

Specifications:

 - 300 MHz CPU w/2 Meg Cache
 - 256 Meg RAM (8x 32 Meg DIMMs, 8x empty DIMM slots)
 - 9 Gig HD (internal)
 - CD-ROM
 - Elite 3D-m3 framebuffer
 - Keyboard/mouse (if needed)

Asking $175 (shipped, ConUS)

If you want a cheaper config, I can swap out the 300 MHz CPU for a 250 MHz CPU w/1 Meg Cache, dropping the price $50 to $125 (again, shipped, ConUS).

For comparison, S/H of these beasts in eBay auctions is usually $20-30, based on their weight. I will ship this in a custom/injection foam box, to ensure it arrives safely.

I am interested in trades for items like:

 - Dense Sun RAM DIMMs (64 Meg or greater, in multiples of four)
 - SCA drives greater than 4 Gigs, but only 1" high
 - 68 Pin SCSI cables (to attach UniPacks to Ultras

Also, I'd love to get one or two E450 SCSI 8 drive backplane kits (incl. SCSI controller) to expand my E450... They tend to be too pricey on eBay for my needs...